Satisfy your cravings with this comforting, hearty meal.
1 tbs olive oil
10 chicken thigh fillets, boneless but with skin on
1-2 tbs butter
2 leeks, washed and sliced
1 cup chestnut mushrooms, thickly sliced
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
4 oz dry white wine
1 vegetable or chicken stock cube
5 oz boiling water
freshly ground black pepper
5 oz heavy cream
large handful mixed fresh herbs (such as parsley, thyme and sage), chopped
Buttery mashed potatoes
Mashed sweet potatoes and carrots
Steamed green vegetables
- Heat the oil in the Denby Shallow Cast Iron dish and add the chicken pieces skin side down. Fry for a few minutes until golden then turn and seal the other side. Turn down the heat and cook for a further 5-10 minutes depending on size, until just cooked through. Remove from the pan and set aside. Alternatively, seal in the pan then transfer to the oven for 10-15 minutes until cooked.
- Meanwhile make up the stock with boiling water.
- Add the butter to the dish and fry the leeks and mushrooms for a few minutes until lightly golden then add the garlic and fry for another minute.
- Pour in the white wine and bubble for a minute then add the stock.
- Return the chicken pieces to the pan, season well with black pepper and allow to heat through. Pour over the cream and herbs and bubble gently for a few minutes until slightly thickened.
- Garnish with a few extra chopped herbs scattered over the top and serve with mashed potatoes, mashed sweet potatoes and steamed green vegetables.