Food blogger Kym Grimshaw from On The Plate has created an exclusive menu of dishes for us inspired by the Modern Rustic trend and which are perfect for sharing with friends. Her recipes bring a taste of the outdoors to the table with colorful dishes featuring seasonal ingredients, finished off with foraged fruits and berries.
Here she shares with us her transseasonal chicken, blackberry and kale salad recipe, drizzled with a blackberry balsamic dressing and served in one of our latest Studio Craft Elm Large Ridged Bowls.
Ingredients (serves 4)
For the salad:
• 2 chicken breasts
• 200g kale
• 50g walnuts, toasted
• 75g blackberries
• 1 lemon
• 30g shaved pecorino
• Sea salt
For the dressing:
• 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
• 100g fresh blackberries
• 1 tbsp honey
• Salt and pepper
1. For the dressing, purée all ingredients, then season with salt and pepper to taste. If the dressing is too thick, loosen with a little water. Refrigerate until the salad is ready for dressing.
2. Grill the chicken on a medium heat for 15 minutes, turning occasionally until the chicken is cooked through.
3. Massage the zest and juice of the lemon into the kale, along with a good sprinkling of sea salt.
4. Slice the chicken and arrange over the kale, add fresh blackberries, walnuts, shavings of pecorino and serve with the blackberry balsamic dressing.
Discover more from our Modern Rustic campaign here.