Tear up the dinner party rulebook! The trend for serving one pot dishes at dinner parties is gaining momentum – and for good reason. These hearty dishes are created for sharing, often served with a delicious bread on the side for guests to dip.
So ditch those traditional dinner party rules and forgo the standard three courses with this delicious one-pot wonder by blogger and foodie, Aimee Twigger.
This simple and heartwarming dish is easy to make and can all be done in one pot. Stress-free and less washing up means more time to spend with friends and family.
For the one pot dish:
1.5 lt of vegetable stock
2 cans of tomatoes
1 can of bertolli beans
1 can of white cannellini beans
1 can chickpeas
3 tbsp tomato paste
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 butternut squash
3 sweet potatoes
2 tsp Baharat
1/4 tsp mild chilli powder
1 cinnamon stick
Large pinch of saffron
Hand full of flat leaf parsley
• Preheat the oven for 350f
• Peel and chop squash and sweet potatoes and toss in olive oil. Spread onto a baking tray and bake for 25 minutes until tender
• Finely chop and fry the onion until soft then add the garlic
• Add all of the spices and tomato puree
• Now add the stock, chickpeas, beans, lentils, pearl barley, tinned tomatoes and sugar
• Place in a preheated oven for 45 minutes and serve with a spoonful of yogurt.
Products featured in this post:Halo Medium Coupe Plate