Enjoy your next BBQ with delicious & healthy foods everyone can enjoy.
Sesame Crusted Halloumi with Honey Drizzle
1. Cut halloumi into bite sized pieces and coat pieces with olive oil
2. Sprinkle on sesame seeds and sea salt ensuring the halloumi is evenly covered
3. Lightly spray a pan with olive oil and set to medium to high heat
4. Add halloumi to the pan and turn regularly to prevent burning
5. Remove halloumi when the sesame seeds have turned golden brown
6. Warm honey in microwave for about 30 sec. Drizzle haloumi cubes with warm honey just before serving.
Grilled Sweet Potatoes & Avocado with Chimichurri Sauce
For the grill –
1. Preheat grill for medium heat, and lightly oil the grate.
2. Divide the sweet potato cubes in half, and place each half in the center of a rectangle of aluminum foil. Top each portion with about half of the butter.
3. Sprinkle about half of the brown sugar, cumin, and cayenne pepper over each portion. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Fold the corners of the aluminum foil together and seal to form a pouch around each portion.
5. Cook on the preheated grill, turning pouches every 10 minutes, until the potatoes are tender and cooked through, 20 to 30 minutes.
1. Whisk olive oil, ground chipotle pepper, and chili powder together in a bowl; brush over the entire surface of the cut-side of each avocado.
2. Grill avocados, cut-side down, on the preheated grill until grill-lines begin to form on the avocado flesh, for about 5 minutes.
For the sauce-
1 cup (packed) fresh Italian parsley
1/2 cup olive oil
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 cup (packed) fresh cilantro
2 garlic cloves, peeled
3/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
Puree all ingredients in processor. Transfer to bowl.
(Can be made 2 hours ahead. Cover and let stand at room temperature.)