Warm up this winter with @LetsEatSmart‘s delicious roasted pumpkin soup recipe.
- 1 pumpkin (approx 1kg)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 100ml coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 392 degrees Fahrenheit. Halve the pumpkin and scoop out the seeds. Place on a baking tray lined with baking parchment and roast for about 45 minutes or until the flesh is soft and comes off easily from the skin.
- Melt the coconut oil in a large pan, add the sliced onions and cook stirring occasionally until caramelized.
- Add the spices to the onions and stir constantly for one minute.
- Transfer the mixture into a pot, add the remaining ingredients, together with the pumpkin, and stir to combine.
- Turn the heat down to low and simmer for about 20 minutes. Turn the stove off and using a handheld blender puree the soup.
Optional: Stir a spoonful of single soya cream into the soup to make it creamier. Serve immediately with a slice of warm bread.
For more recipes, visit @LetsEatSmart’s blog here.
Featuring our Studio Blue Collection – click here to shop the collection