lemon almond cake.
Make staying at home fun for you and the family with some new recipes that can be eaten at any time of day. To start, try our Lemon Almond Cake that goes so well with your morning coffee or evening glass of wine. Keep scrolling to find out more…
for the cake.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 3/4 cup Almond Breeze Almond milk Original Unsweetened
- 1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
for the lemon glaze.
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds for garnishing the loaf
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray a 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and baking powder. In a small bowl, combine sugar and lemon zest. Rub together with your fingers until fragrant. Whisk into the flour mixture. Set aside.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine the almond milk, oil, eggs, lemon juice, vanilla, and almond extract.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Stir until combined. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. Place the loaf on a cooling rack and cool for 15 minutes. Loosen the sides of the bread with a knife. Carefully remove loaf from pan. Let cool completely on wire rack.
- While the bread is cooling, make the lemon glaze. In a small bowl, combine powdered sugar, lemon juice, and almond extract. Whisk until smooth. Drizzle the glaze of the lemon almond bread. Sprinkle sliced almonds over the bread. Cut and serve.
you definitely need these:
Natural Canvas Small Rectangular Oven Dish
Textured Cereal Bowl
Small Rectangular Platter
8.25 in x 5.3 in
A small, but versatile piece that is a real must in a busy kitchen. Great for creating individual servings that can be made in advance and frozen for a quick mid week supper.
6.15 in x 2.5 in
A beautiful and functional cereal bowl. Perfect to cook an individual pie or fruit crumble in to serve straight out of the oven. Also used during preparation to mix ingredients together.
5.75 in x 10.25 in
This small rectangular platter is made to serve various finger foods and baked goodies. Also, great for warming up food or baking treats straight from the oven to the table.
more inspiration below:
Over 200 years of craftsmanship in the heart of England creating beautiful tableware, cookware and serveware. Styled by Life. Click to learn more about Denby.
Choosing the right tableware can sometimes feel like a daunting process; making sure you have the pieces that suit your style. Click to find out more.
Give your friends a discount when they place their first order with Denby. And to say thanks, we’ll give you a discount off your next order too. Click to start.