butter pecan blondies
Make kitchen time, family time and get everyone involved in baking up some homemade desserts. Try this new Blondie recipe that is fun to make and delicious to eat! Be sure you have the Denby essentials to get the best results. Keep scrolling for more info…
- 3/4 cups whole pecans
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted, plus more for brushing
- 1 cups unbleached all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup light-brown sugar, plus 1 tablespoon for sprinkling
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/2 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tablespoon dark rum (optional)*
*If you’d rather not use rum, increase the amount of vanilla to 1 full tablespoon.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spread pecans on a rimmed baking sheet; toast until fragrant, 6 to 7 minutes. Let cool, then chop.
- Brush a 9-by-9-inch baking dish with butter, then dust with flour, tapping out excess. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and salt. In a large bowl, whisk together butter and 1 cup brown sugar until combined. Add egg; whisk until combined. Add vanilla and rum.
- Fold in flour mixture with a spatula until just combined (do not overmix). Fold in half of nuts.
- Transfer batter to prepared dish; smooth top with an offset spatula. Sprinkle top with remaining nuts and 1 tablespoons brown sugar and sprinkles for the kids (or kids at heart). Bake until golden around edges and a tester inserted in center comes out with very few crumbs, usually about 20 to 22 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely before cutting into squares. Blondies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature up to 3 days.
you definitely need these:
Dimensions: 9.45 x 2.5 in
Serving 4 people, this high sided dish can be used in many ways from a family lasagna, roasting meats and vegetables, making pies and crumbles and many different desserts.
Dimensions: 9.25 in x 3.35 in
This serving bowl is perfect to mix all of your ingredients and to also serve salads, pastas and more. With its unique glaze, this serving bowl is a conversation piece.
Studio Blue Flint
Dimensions: 9.75 in x 0.75 in
The Studio Blue Cheese Plate is a beautiful presentation piece. It can be used to serve cheese and biscuits, cake, fruit, breads and desserts. Great to keep food warm or cold!
more inspiration below:
Over 200 years of craftsmanship in the heart of England creating beautiful tableware, cookware and serveware. Styled by Life. Click to learn more about Denby.
Choosing the right tableware can sometimes feel like a daunting process; making sure you have the pieces that suit your style. Click to find out more.
Give your friends a discount when they place their first order with Denby. And to say thanks, we’ll give you a discount off your next order too. Click to start.