America’s favorite weekend is back again and so are some really cool ideas trending this year, especially for the summer. If you’re stuck at home this year, celebrating this weekend should be just as fun with these really easy and delicious recipes. Let’s take a look!
Here are some Denby items you might need to get the best results:
GRILLED CHICKEN WINGS
First things first, chicken wings are a must-have. Especially this Grilled Chicken Wings Recipe which hits every note (both for party guests and for a quick family dinner): sweet, saucy, smoky, and just a little spicy. They’re the perfect easy option for backyard summer parties or weeknight comfort food cravings. Try grilling these on one of our Denby Halo Cast Iron 10″ Griddle Pan for the best taste and efficient cooking temperatures.
Here’s the Grilled Chicken Wing recipe:
- 3/4 c. apricot preserves
- 3 tbsp. bourbon (we used Jack Daniels)
- 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp. sriracha, optional
- 2 1/3 lb. chicken wings, separated, tips discarded
- Chopped scallions or cilantro, for serving
STEP 1 – In large bowl, whisk together apricot preserves, bourbon, lime juice, soy sauce, and sriracha (if using) until smooth and combined. Transfer 1/4 cup to small bowl and set aside.
STEP 2 – To sauce in large bowl, add chicken wings and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours and up to 4 hours.
STEP 3 – Heat grill to low. Place wings bone side down on grill and grill covered 10 min. Flip and continue grilling until cooked through, 10 to 15 minutes more. Toss with reserved sauce and serve sprinkled with chopped scallions or cilantro.
FOR ALL THE VEGANS OUT THERE
Not everyone likes red meat but love the sensation of eating a burger. So we found a pretty tasty compromise, The Mushroom-Quinoa Burger. Although there is no meat present in this burger, it taste just as savory and rich if there was! See the ingredients and recipe below to start prepping…
Here’s the Grilled Chicken with Mustard BBQ Sauce & Tomato Salad recipe:
- 4 medium portobello mushroom caps (about 1 lb.), gills removed, chopped
- 1/2 c. walnuts1 clove garlic
- 2 tbsp. canola oil
- 1/4 c. Chopped red onion
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 tsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 c. cooked quinoa
- 1/2 c. cornstarch
- Whole-grain burger buns
- Sliced tomatoes
Make the Burgers: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In 3-quart, shallow baking dish, toss mushrooms with walnuts, garlic, 1 tablespoon oil, 3⁄4 teaspoon salt, and 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper; spread in even layer. Bake 20 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Set aside to cool. Turn oven off.
In food processor, pulse mushroom mixture, red onion, green onions, and vinegar until mostly smooth, scraping side of bowl if necessary. Transfer mixture to a large bowl and stir in quinoa and cornstarch until well-blended. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate 2 hours.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line baking sheet with foil. Form mixture into 5 patties (about 1/2″ thick and 3″ wide). In a 12″ nonstick skillet, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil on medium. In 2 batches, cook patties 5 minutes or until well-browned, turning over once. Transfer seared patties to prepared baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes or until hot in centers.
Make the Rosemary Mayo: Meanwhile, combine mayonnaise, rosemary, lemon juice, and a pinch of salt. Keeps up to 5 days, refrigerated. Ingredients needed are listed below:
- 1/2 c. mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- Kosher salt
Serve burgers on buns with Rosemary Mayo, garnished with sprouts, lettuce, and tomato.
Our Denby Natural Canvas Collection is perfect to make the colors of this savory burger stand out. What’s even better is using one of our Natural Canvas Ramekins to fill with dip and set it out on the table for all to enjoy.
BOURBON AND BARBECUE, YUM!
With all of this tasty food at the table this weekend, you’re definitely going to want a flavorful drink to go along with it! Try this Peach Sweet Tea that’ll help wash down all the Memorial Day treats and meals.
Need some glassware to put this new recipe in? No worries, shop Denby Glassware Here!
Here’s the Peach Sweet Tea recipe:
- 8 bags peach-flavored tea
- 2 bags black or English breakfast tea
- 20 thin slices fresh ginger, chopped
- 2/3 c. sugar1 c. bourbon
- 1/4 c. fresh lemon juiceMint, for garnish
- In a small saucepan, heat 4 cups water to simmering on high. Remove from heat. Add peach- flavored tea bags; steep 5 minutes. Add black tea bags; steep 5 minutes. Remove all tea bags, pressing to squeeze out tea. Discard bags. Transfer tea to medium pitcher. Add 4 cups cold water; refrigerate until cold, about 4 hours.
- Meanwhile, in same saucepan, combine ginger, sugar and 2⁄3 cups water; heat to simmering on medium. Reduce heat to maintain simmer; simmer 15 minutes. Strain out and discard ginger. Refrigerate syrup until cold.
- Stir cold ginger syrup into tea along with bourbon and lemon juice. Makes about 10 cups. Serve over ice; garnish with mint.
Have a happy & healthy Memorial Day Weekend!