We’ve teamed up with food blogger Literally All The Food, who’s shared with us her recipe for her Easy Bolognese. Enjoy!
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 pounds ground beef, pork, veal mixture
1 large carrot, shredded
1 large white onion, chopped
6 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons tomato paste
1/2 cup red wine
28-ounce can of tomato sauce
28-ounce can of diced or crushed tomatoes
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 pound spaghetti
1. Heat oil in large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add beef mixture. Cook until browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Strain into a bowl, leaving approximately 1 tablespoon of fat behind. Set aside.
2. Add the carrot, onion, and garlic. Cook about 5 minutes until onion is translucent. Add salt, pepper, and Italian herbs. Cook about 3 minutes more.
3. Add the tomato paste and cook about 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Deglaze with the wine, scraping any brown bits from the bottom of the pan.
4. Add tomato sauce and diced tomatoes. Return beef mixture to the pot. Simmer for 20 minutes.
5. Slowly stir in cream. Season to taste. Stir in pasta cooked to package instructions.
Thanks to Literally All The Food